Have you decided to go ahead and start to plan a holiday party this year?
If a drive-in movie or a drive-thru light display are not of interest, how else can you show employees appreciation for their hard work during an exceedingly difficult year?
Here is a hitlist of ideas for your next brainstorming session:
- Order lunch right to your office environment
- Cast votes for the best (or worst!) holiday sweater
Private Cocktail Party
- Invite-only, to follow restriction limits
- Bartender staff serving guests
- No buffet lines
Contactless Cookie Exchange
- Choose an open area to exchange
- Staff should be conscientious about food safety as well as covid safety
Ice Skating Party
- Family friendly activity
- Rent a facility
- Serve up some hot chocolate & snacks
Pay It Forward to Local Charities
- Spread joy with giving unwrapped toys
- Provide for others with food bank donations
Book an Activity
- Recreation activity facilities are reopening and can take on some of the management of health guidelines such as escape rooms and casino nights.
- Pre-book time slots, and assign employees to teams
Regardless of the direction you choose, here are a few reminders:
- Everyone’s comfort level is different, be inclusive to all staff but forgiving if people opt out of gathering
- Masks should be welcome in all circumstances if not mandatory
- Ensure cleaning & disinfecting supplies are available
- Provide an alternative option for those who cannot attend, even if its just a gift card or even a digital Christmas card.
- Have fun. Stay safe.
What have you considered for a Corporate Holiday party this year with consideration to restrictions in place for COVID?